Kaolin (also known as clay) is an aluminous Silicate mineral, which is in the form of white mud, fine particles and flour. Its chemical composition is quite stable and is known as the "universal stone". Its excellent adsorption, suspension, sintering, plasticity, fire resistance, bonding, thixotropy and other properties are widely used in industries such as rubber, coatings, ink, ceramics, papermaking, etc.
■Main functions in rubber
1. It has good solubility and good viscosity, and can be used as a reinforcing and reinforcing filler for rubber. 2. Can partially replace carbon black and white carbon black. 3. Suitable for rubber foaming, with good foaming rate and excellent foaming uniformity, while improving the dimensional stability of products.
■The main function in plastic is to improve the strength, whiteness, and cable insulation of films, cables, PVC pipes (plates), etc. It also has the function of improving the scattering transmittance in plastic films and blocking infrared rays.
■Main functions in coatings
1. High glossiness, high viscosity, good thickening and anti settling effects. 2. Water-based coatings have good hiding power and partially replace titanium dioxide pigments, while enhancing the gloss and hiding rate of the paint. 3. Calcined kaolin can improve the opacity of coatings and the firmness of the coating film, and has better washing resistance and powdering resistance than uncalcined kaolin.
The chemical composition of Barium sulfate, also known as barite powder, is BaSO4, and the crystal belongs to Sulfate mineral of orthorhombic (rhombic) crystal system. Often in the form of thick plate-like or columnar crystals, often in dense block or plate-like or granular aggregates. When it is pure, it is colorless and transparent. When it contains impurities, it is dyed into various colors. Barium sulfate has the advantages of strong chemical inertia, good stability, acid and alkali resistance, moderate hardness, high specific gravity, high whiteness, and absorption of harmful rays. It is a kind of material with environmental protection functions. Therefore, it is widely used in various coatings, medium and high grade inks, pharmaceutical synthetic chemicals, rubber, paper making, ceramics, cosmetics and other fields.
■Main functions in rubber and plastic adhesive
1. Reduce costs, improve product hardness, acid alkali resistance, and water resistance. 2. It can be used as a modifier for general plastics, making the surface of the product shiny and shiny, improving the strength, stiffness, transparency, and wear resistance of the product. 3. Engineering plastics can enhance the anti-aging performance and weather resistance of products, and can significantly improve the surface finish.
■Main functions in coatings
1. High temperature resistance, acid and alkali resistance. 2. Strong coverage, replacing some titanium dioxide powder. 3. It can control the viscosity, gloss, and stability of the finished paint product.
4. It can improve the product's light resistance, weather resistance, chemical and electrochemical corrosion resistance, as well as its decorative effect, and enhance the impact strength of the coating.
5. As the main filler for powder coatings, it is the main means to adjust the bulk density of the powder and improve the powder loading rate.
Calcium carbonate is a Inorganic compound, commonly known as limestone. Main composition: Calcite, a compound with the chemical formula of CaCO ≮, is neutral, basically insoluble in water, but soluble in hydrochloric acid. It is a common substance on Earth and is widely used in plastics, rubber, paper, ink, coatings, building materials, and other fields.
■The function of calcium carbonate in rubber: it can improve the thermal resistance, dimensional stability, and hardness of the matrix. Calcium carbonate filled rubber can achieve higher tensile strength, wear resistance, and tear strength than pure rubber sulfides.
■The Function of Calcium Carbonate in Plastics
Calcium carbonate can play a skeleton role in plastic products, playing a significant role in the stability of the size of plastic products. It can improve the hardness, electrical properties, flame retardancy, heat resistance, and process performance of plastic products.
■Functions in the Coatings Industry
Calcium carbonate can be used as a white pigment in coatings, serving as a skeleton. Calcium carbonate can be used as a physical pigment in the coating industry, but due to its white color, it is relatively latex in coatings.
Talc powder is a magnesium silicate mineral with its unique dry smoothness, low hardness, high melting point, good insulation to electricity and heat, low expansion and contraction rates, high dispersibility, strong coverage, and good oil absorption and hydrophobicity. High smoothness, low friction coefficient, and stable chemical properties. Resistant to acid and alkali corrosion. Due to its stable chemical properties, it is widely used in industrial sectors such as papermaking, chemicals, paint, ceramics, cables, rubber, etc.
■The main function in plastic is to add ultrafine talc powder to the plastic, which can significantly improve the rigidity, creep resistance, hardness, surface scratch resistance, heat resistance, and thermal deformation temperature of plastic products.
●Function in polypropylene resin: It can significantly improve the rigidity, surface hardness, thermal creep resistance, electrical insulation, dimensional stability of polypropylene products, and also improve the impact strength of polypropylene.
●Function in polyethylene resin: improving toughness, flexural modulus, and torsional modulus; Improve flexural strength, etc.
●Function in polystyrene: improving impact toughness, regulating rheological properties, significantly increasing flexural modulus, and also improving tensile yield strength.
■Main functions in coatings: 1. Resistance to sunlight and high temperatures. 2. It has acid and alkali corrosion resistance, good water resistance, strong pollution resistance, and aging resistance. 3. Non settling, easy to disperse, and good luster.